Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Enquiring Minds

Kyla wants to know my personal theme song.
I believe that love brings true happiness so I guess "All You Need Is Love" by The Beatles should be my theme song.

It seems my other two readers do not have any questions. They likely come here to find out if today is the day that I am taken away to the nice place with the padded walls. Not yet my friends. Not yet. However the window of opportunity has now closed.

I will be asking the questions from now on!

Is it just me or do those Ontario government emergency survival kit commercials have you spooked? It feels like Y2K all over again. I want to know if you have a survival kit. Do you think they are trying to prepare us for an emergency because they know something that we don't? Please share any conspiracy theories!

Do you think they have received threatening messages from far away alien life force? Do you think Canadian weatherologists have been able to determine horrible storms will soon hit our country? Do you think they have begun to prepare us for Nostradamus's predictions? Is there room in Tom Cruises' shelter? How many boxes of cereal will I purchase? Do you think I will look good in that white jacket?

Luckily I already have a good supply of chocolate and vodka.

Surely I have given you something to expand on. Fill my comment box before it is too late...

7 Singing the blues:

Mouse said...

The emergency kits they suggest aren't quite as bad as some of the stuff that came out in the two or so years after 9/11 in the US. My favorite one was the suggestion that we have plenty of plastic sheeting and duct tape on hand so that, in the case of chemical warfare or a dirty bomb, we could put the sheeting up over walls and doors. Never mind that if this worked, one would run out of oxygen (more likely case, stuff gets in more slowly through the cracks and crevices in every house). This suggestion caused a run on duct tape and many stores were quickly sold out.

Good times.

mamatulip said...

I heard one of those emergency spots today on the radio -- yeah, it does kind of freak me out, but I'm one of those "let's be prepared!" people, so I am actually planning on getting a kit together. ;)

And okay, a question. Or two. Or more. I can't remember if I've asked you this already, because I ask everyone this -- because I really do want to know. But...what's the best concert you've ever seen?

Also: do you have any tattoos? I feel like I should know this. If you do, what are they of and where are they? If you don't, do you think you'd ever get one?

And. Does where you are in your life now -- husband, two kids -- ever surprise you sometimes?

Kyla said...

Another question: Where do I buy my Chocolate and Vodka survival kit? ;)

Mouse isn't lying about that post 9/11 drama. Good thing for me that one of my motto's is "Be prepared is like asking for a catastrophe." So I don't buy into the hype.

Unless the hype is selling me Chocolate and Vodka survival kits, then I sign right up.

motherbumper said...

Ohhhh that mama T always has great questions.

As for the emergency stuff, we kinda do have a detail kit but only because we already owned many of the suggestions. IMO, I think they are preparing us for potential black outs again. Like that last annoying one. And if it happened in the Winter: Brrrrrrrrrrr. But that's just my opinion.

Tania said...

I've been outta the survival kit loop. I guess I'm screwed. Can I join you in your shelter of I bring a box of Cookie Crisp? Whole grains! (once you get past the 2" sugar coating)

Mimi said...

Those commercials scare me. Not enough to actually do anything beyond prepare a Gin and Potato Chip stash, but still. Scary.

b*babbler said...

I think that the emergency spots are the government's way of saying that they have a surplus of funds to spend, and heck, what do we need social programs for anyway?

And what better use of funds than scare tactics!

But hey, Vodka and chocolate? I'm in!