Saturday, November 17, 2007

'Tis The Season

Standing around the water cooler on Friday, the conversation, which of course was focused on weekend plans, landed on the Santa Claus Parade.

While 1500 people are marching and more than half a million people line Toronto's streets, another profession is experiencing a boom in business. One of the guys in my office heard an interview on the radio with a call girl who proclaimed that the Santa Claus Parade is the busiest time of the year for women in her line of work. It seems that moms are taking the children to the parade while dads are taking care of some personal business. Ho ho ho. It brings a whole new meaning to being jolly.

Colin's talking about cover songs over at Pop Rocks.

Here is one of my favourites.

5 Singing the blues:

Run ANC said...

Well...now I'm very glad I'm making Mr Earth come with us this year..

motherbumper said...

You know when I lived in Halifax, for things like the G7 and other such events the "ladies" used to arrive in droves because regardless of the event (sporting, political, religious) - the need for personal servicing always goes up in demand. BTW there was an article on Yahoo the other day about warning Santa trainees to avoid using the words Ho Ho Ho around women.

Tania said...

That's brutal! Being Jewish, I guess my guy won't hire his call girl until Hannukah.

Kyla said...

So THAT is why they are banning "Ho Ho Ho!" They don't want Santa spilling the beans on what the men are up to.

kittenpie said...

Oh, jeepers. I thought it would be all the elves in town for the big weekend...