Friday, November 16, 2007

Twenty Eight

To my little peanut Buttercup,

Twenty eight months ago you changed my world by making your grand appearance. The love I have for you is endless. In fact everyone around you falls head over heals for you. It is an easy thing to do because you show your affection in leaps and bounds.

You embrace me often with strong, full on squeeze hugs. You want to keep everyone happy and show concern for others. When you are upset, everyone knows because you feel emotions with deep intensity.

As I have watched your personality enlarge, I can't help but think you are incredibly like me. We most certainly share similar interests. You are my girlie girl with a strong maternal instinct and a passion for music. I love to listen to you sing and watch you get your groove on.

At your age, your big sister had a strong aversion to dresses while you demand them. I have had to purchase many because I obviously did not have enough. Smart girl! You found a way to get around those hand me downs.

Your daycare was overwhelmingly impressed with how quickly you knew all the other children's names. You could even pronounce them all. That is not an easy thing to do with the names that were given in 2005. I am awed with your social skills. Your aura draws others to you. Even your big sisters friends are enamored with you.

You adore Strawberry and hate to be parted from her. The bond that I have seen between you and her makes my heart balloon up and lifts me off my feet.

Lately your favourite things to say are "I did it!" and "That's me!" with enormous pride. You use your signature phrase "Whaaaaaaaat?" at anything that excites you.

I cannot believe how fast these twenty eight months have gone by. My baby has turned into a little girl.

xoxo...

8 Singing the blues:

nonlineargirl said...

Sweet post! The name thing is impressive. Ada doesn't say Ls, but by force of will has me calling her friend Lila "Iya". She's also worked her magic on Lila's mom, who keeps slipping into calling her Iya.

Run ANC said...

She sounds like a lovely girl.

motherbumper said...

ohhhhh sweet momma and niloc had a hand in making her as sweet and buttercuppy as she is today. And that last shot - I love toddler on daddy's shoulders photos. They make me sigh.

kittenpie said...

Oh - so, so sweet. You buttercup is a little honey.

karengreeners said...

she really is irresistible - both your girls are. 2 1/2 is the best, innit?

Tania said...

Awwww, so sweet. She sounds like a very special girl.

mamatulip said...

This is such a sweet post, Jana. I love when you talked about her bond with Strawberry...the sibling bond is something I love to see cultivate.

Don Mills Diva said...

Aww - what a cutie - it's so crazy how fast it goes! Love the shoulder shot!