Monday, January 07, 2008

The Cup is Half Empty

You know what sucks? Well besides the obvious things like disease, poverty, global warming and war. It sucks when you are a blogger with nothing to say. I feel the pressure to get something new up in bluedom because what will the three people that visit think if I go this long with nothing? But I have nothing. I am officially wasting your time, which is precious, and I really like you and I don't want to bore you with run on sentences about zilch. You'd think November would have taught me a few tricks.

Of course there is always unbloggable drama. That would be the hazards of telling other people's stories. It could be that I focus on their commotion so that I don't have to concentrate on my own. Looking at their mess distracts me from reflecting inward.

So all in all, I'm a disaster with no funny antidotes on life.

However I did throw away all the junk that was cluttering my kitchen table.

It's sad that I have to take the Christmas tree down tonight when it's Ukrainian Christmas. (Not that I actually celebrate it other than stuffing myself full of perogies.) The last day for tree pick up is tomorrow. Oh, woe is me.

17 Singing the blues:

Anonymous said...

Gee thanks Jana, now I can't stop thinking of perogies! Mmmmmmm.

motherbumper said...

mmm did someone say perogies? I'm actually drooling.

I packed it up this weekend and have also hit a similar road block. But heck girl, seeing pics of those lovely faces could never be called a waste of time.

Kyla said...

I've never had a perogie.

My blog has been all 2008 SUCKS! for a week now, so don't worry. You're in good company.

NotSoSage said...

'Scool. I just come for the photos of the adorable kids. :)

Anonymous said...

Yum. Perogies....

Love the new look, Blue. Very chic.

The Domesticator said...

I understand your feelings well. That is why I took a break. It helped. I feel refreshed and able to enjoy writing a blog once again.

Anyway, I am still always interested in what you have to say, even if it's "nothing" as you say ;-)

And I am with the other ladies here...perogies? Yum! I love them with lots of melted butter.

Amy Urquhart said...

It's not a waste of time to check in, see how you're doing, even if how you're doing is just "meh". No pressure!

Plus, those cheeks! I could pinch them.

Assertagirl

Don Mills Diva said...

With cute pics like that you don't need to say a thing!

Angie McCullagh said...

I like that you're honest.

Will the trail of cool blogs I keep running across never end?

Angie
www.AllAdither.com

kittenpie said...

exactly why I posted about cheerios yesterday...

Tania said...

I know the feeling. I kind of long for the discipline of November when I was forced to make something out of nothing. No motivation these days though.

Lisa said...

LOVE your new design. So pretty, pretty!

Love that pic of your darling girls too!

Baby in the City said...

Dude, I've been blogstipated for, like, 6 months! Lots going on, just nothing I can or want to blog about. That is the worst.

I always dread taking down the tree until it is done, then I feel loads better (probably because it is one of the few times a year I vacc

Baby in the City said...

...that's vaccumm...:)

Creative-Type Dad said...

What? It's Ukrainian Christmas??

I'm putting the fake tree back up.

Anonymous said...

...oooh the unbloggable drama....

petite gourmand said...

mm...perogies....