Friday, January 11, 2008

Fly Like An Eagle

I hide in bloglines
when it is delurking day.
Is it safe to surf?

But next time around
I promise to leave my mark
With just: "I was here!"

I can't spare a square
I am stuck in deadline hell
Time keeps on slippin...

With 131 feeds and 111 subscriptions, I am very likely reading your blog. It's a case of too much reading and not enough commenting. I will work on this. Pinky swear. If only I could buy time. I can't bring myself to unsubscribe to anyone. Do you edit your reading list regulary? Mine keep growing and growing probably until my head explodes.

16 Singing the blues:

Anonymous said...

I just edited my feeds this weekend. It was painful. I feel like a bad bloggy buddy to do it.

But even after cutting more blogs than I'd like to admit, my list still is unmanageable. And growing.

Sigh.

Amy Urquhart said...

I have deleted blogs from my feeder before, but only when I stop reading them because they make me feel "icky".

When a new reader leaves me a comment I add their blog to Bloglines, so lately I've been adding feeds.

It hurts to remove people! But you have a life away from the computer screen. I'm sure most people would understand that.

Assertagirl

Unknown said...

Wow that's ambitious. I can't imagine trying to keep up with that many. I feel like I'm drowning with a quarter that many. And, when did they announce delurk day? I found out about it yesterday.

Anonymous said...

Mine keeps growing too, but I have been commenting less also.

It's nice to see you when you're around (here and at my place), but no pressure when you are not!

the planet of janet said...

yikes! that's quite a lot of reading to keep up with. i can barely keep up with the ones i read these days.

happy haiku friday

Chicky Chicky Baby said...

Yeah, I see you lurking over there.

I cut my feeds down every now and then... And then I keep adding more. It's an addiction. I can't help myself.

Kyla said...

I'm like Mrs. Chicky. I subtracted and add. I have a core that never changes, but there are others that come and go. If I find myself not reading somewhere often, skipping them when they pop up in Bloglines or I stop commenting often, sometimes I take them off subscription. More likely if it isn't ever reciprocal or if I don't "know" the person. Lots of people I'm too invested in to ever stop visiting, ya know? There's a sort of periphery that changes for me, though.

Anonymous said...

I can't even use a feed reader. I have to just go with the flow and visit on whims. Is that bad? Hope not. Great haiku, btw!

Jenni said...

Wow, you do a lot of reading. I try to visit everyone who comments, but I only add feeds if I find myself reading more than one page. There's just too much good writing!

Run ANC said...

I can't spare a square -- ha,ha!!

I usually only add people.

moplans said...

Great Haiku.
If I used bloglines I would never do anything else.

Karen Bodkin said...

Great haiku, lady! I feel your pain, but got mine below 40 a few weeks ago. I had to do it.

sweatpantsmom said...

I think there should be a support group for "Failure to Comment Guilt." I feel like I'm constantly apologizing on people's blogs. It feels like high school, when you couldn't get around to signing everyone's yearbook.

ewe are here said...

I add. I subtract. I add again. And I'm always behind.

Sigh.

Mimi said...

I can't subtract! And yet, I can't add more hours to the day! What to do?

(Love your haiku ...)

The Domesticator said...

I don't even know how to do those feed thing...*sigh* I'm pathetic.

Anyway, I usually just read my core group, but I am not always great about commenting.

I just redid my blog without saving the old one, and I lost some of my blogroll links. So, I think I cut out a few folks. Not intentionally, of course.

But, Jana, I must say that is ALOT of blogs you are keeping up with.