Tuesday, January 01, 2008

The Last Moments of 2007

A couple hours before midnight the girls in their pj's and mommy with her Strongbow, decided to delay bedtime by practicing our New Year's countdown on video. The girls ran to our front door, sang songs and used their outside voices!

Last Moments of 2007 from something blue on Vimeo.

I would have posted this last year night but I've been having technical difficulties. That was after I smashed my head into the ceiling. Nothing like starting off the new year with a mild concussion. Just so you don't think I was demonstrating the incorrect method of head banging, I was actually leaning over the banister to give some clothes to go into the wash and when I went back up the stairs I saw stars.

Making it to the other side of midnight was a challenge. I fell asleep after reading three stories to Strawberry but Colin came to check on me. Being truly geeky, I uploaded photos while I created the video and twittered. Oh yes, I wrote Happy New Year at the stroke of midnight before kissing the husband. I'm not exactly in his good books.

Speaking of books, that is my 70% realistic resolution for the year. I am going to spend more time reading the novels that have been collecting dust around here.

Happy New Year friends! I wish you health, happiness, success, contentment and overflowing buckets of love in 2008...

12 Singing the blues:

Amy Urquhart said...

I surely welcome overflowing buckets of love into my home this year! Graham and I enjoyed the practice countdown. Shaking their little butts is just too cute.

Happy New Year!

Assertagirl

Anonymous said...

hehehe we were geeking out on Facebook & Twittering right before midnight!


May the New Year bring much joy and happiness to you and yours!

motherbumper said...

Great countdown ladies, you both could take over Times Square.

But stop with all the owies, k?

Happy New Year Something Baby Blue family!

Kyla said...

Your girls are SO cute. SO CUTE!

Run ANC said...

So cute!

I only made it to 11pm.

moplans said...

The banker and I traded baby duty at 11:45.
At 11:48 I was met in the hallway by a screaming three year old. It is all romance when your kids are little!
Love the new banner.

kittenpie said...

Ouch! Hope your head is better. Bet the spinning lights on the New Years ball didn't help any...

Hope you have the best year yet!

karengreeners said...

Happy happy! We too had a very family new year's: went bowling, ate harvey's and kept myself awake until 12:02, kissed the husband and we passed out.

Anonymous said...

Sorry about the New Year's head banging.

I. Love. Your. Girls.

Happy New Year my friend. Can't wait to see you soon. xo

Mimi said...

One of my new year's resolutions is to stop bonking my head on the car frame every time I put Munhckin in her car seat. I feel your pain.

Happy New Year (and could your girls be cuter? no, they could not)

Kristin said...

The girls are so darling... and I wish I had thought of capturing the New Year Moments with my kids... next year for certain!

mamatulip said...

Happy New Year, Jana! Hope your noggin's feeling better by now. :)