Sunday, October 29, 2006

Stop the Insanity

Tonight we get to fall back but I still profess that time change is not for me. So glad you could come to my impromptu party. Here's a Mai Tai! We have an extra hour until the bar closes.

Have you ever watched three adults try to make two children smile and look at a camera? It's quite a sight! Today we took the girls to get the cheesy store photos. The backgrounds are tacky and the photos look somewhat dated in a timeless fashion. I think it's bizarre that I like this tradition. It was apparent that we had lost our marbles as we made goofy faces, threw stuffed animals in the air and the photographer went so far as to tickle me with a fuzzy wand. Buttercup glared her perfected dirty look. She is too smart and cool for this routine. We need a new song and dance.

The crazy train doesn't stop there. I signed up for NaBloPoMo (National Blog Posting Month). I've been getting a little slack around these parts and it's time to pull up my socks. My plan is to keep it sweet and simple.

Please visit again soon. There'll be plenty more cocktails.

13 Singing the blues:

metro mama said...

A post a day! Good for you. Good luck!

Anonymous said...

UGH! At 5:30 this morning my kid is all up and awake ... we even tried to keep her up last night .... I hate time changes .....

Good luck with posting everyday!

Her Bad Mother said...

I have utmost admiration for those of you who can do this. A post a day would kill me.

Anonymous said...

That reminds me that I need to schedule a family photo....

The Domesticator said...

Mai Tai's? Did you say Mai Tai's?
Hehheh...
Hey I read about this project over at MotherGooseMouse this morning. I wish you the best of luck! A post a day? I am in awe! :)

crazymumma said...

I'll be back for more!

Haute Mama said...

LOL. Your title made me think back to Susan Powter's book.."Stop the Insanity"! Does anyone remember that?

karengreeners said...

did the cheesy supermarket photo last year - i think they turned out ok, even if bee ended up with a fake rose in her lap - a little too anne geddes/pretty precious for me but the whole fandamily got an 8x10 of it for xmas anyway.

motherbumper said...

I signed up too. I've been so bad at posting I figured this was the exact challenge I needed. I'll support you sister, especially if you are serving cocktails.

You are a true trooper going for those family portraits. I admire your need to punish yourself with such wonderful results.

Kristin said...

The only good shots I ever get of my kids are candids... in the "smile and look at the camera" poses, someone always looks like a maniac.

Chicky Chicky Baby said...

They got you too? I bow to your courage to try to post every day. I'm with HBM, that task would do me in for good.

Anonymous said...

Cocktails? I'm so there.

MrsFortune said...

I'm gonna do that Nablopomo thing, too! Let the insanity begin.

Can we see the pictures?