Thursday, November 09, 2006

Blog Today. Tomorrow You May Be Eaten

Thirteen observations on NaBloPoMo

(National Blog Posting Month)

1. First rule of BloPoMo - Don't write about BloPoMo.
Damn, I'm kicked out of another club. Actually we all seem pretty obsessed over this challenge hence copious chatter about posting.

2. Whatever you do don't whine about it. However griping about not enough hours in the day is okay right?

3. Quantity over Quality. I don't want to write just for the sake of writing. That is like talking just to be heard. I'd never do THAT!

4. When I was chillin' with the Toronto mommy's, they mentioned that I am stressing them out with the daily blather. I'm sorry. You all deserve treats! I have plenty of sugary Halloween candy that should vacate my house before I consume them in a BloPo haze.

5. I also must apologize that I am slipping behind in my commenting on my visiting list. I will be right over after I pay for my bad behavior. One hundred lines of I will visit you and profess my undying love. I will visit you and profess my undying love. I will visit you and profess…

6. I got the Gumby button from Genie Alisa. Thank you! It's not as popular as the official buttons. I'm alternative like that.

7. I could spend hours clicking on the randomizer thanks to Lane. I love seeing what fellow participants are writing. I'm sorry that I'm not leaving comments every where that I randomly land. I must admit that I'm fascinated to see the design of your sites. There are some fancy places out there. Even if you are not participating, I dare you to try the randomizer. It's addictive.

8. How come in all the bazillion times that I've clicked the randomizer, I have never landed on my own site? From my site meter, I can see other people have made their way over by this method. It would be a rush to come across your own site by chance. I imagine it to be similar to hearing your own song on the radio. Gather round everybody. It's me! Oh yes, it doesn't take much to give me a boost.

9. I've been running into virtual pets everywhere I go. Please don't tell me this is a requirement because I would be doomed to add a pet spider in honor of the real life Miss Spiders that camp out in our basement. I choose to ignore bugs instead of acknowledging their presence. I can't bring myself to kill them.

10. This exercise is supposed to make us better writers and gain readership. So far I'm not so sure that I am an example of either. However amazingly, someone did start their own blog and named it after my Mac and Cheese recipe. How cool is that?

11. Rashenbo and guests are reviewing the 2,019 blogs one letter at a time. She's got the stats and the shout outs. This is dedication at its finest!

12. Prizes! There are so many prizes! People are dropping out like flies. This is a personal challenge but if I could get some free coffee from Mocha Momma that would be sweet!

13. The insecurity in me wonders if all the nonparticipating bloggers look down at us as if we are bandwagon jumpers. Really my parents did teach me not to jump off the bridge even if the other kids are doing it. Anyways I'm much too afraid to jump.
Links to other Thursday Thirteens AND other participants of NaBloPoMo:

Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!

39 Singing the blues:

Tug said...

I can only speak for myself, but THIS non-participating blogger gives you all kudos for even attempting this awesome task!!

Happy TT!

motherbumper said...

girlfriend, I would have been kicked outta fight club so fast - D'OH!

I commend you on your list, your posts and for staying in - but I'm fightin' ya' for top prize!

Crista said...

LOL...good luck! I had a fleeting thought of trying to participate (after posting ONCE in the month of October), but it passed. :)

Caylynn said...

I'm taking part in NaBloPoMo too. :) I was impressed that they mentioned my blog under "C"! :)

Chatter about posting? I guess I've missed out on that. *blush* And virtual pets? I don't have one. *shrug*

Happy T13. :)

DigiscrapMom said...

Good luck in this task that you're undertaking right now. I'm sure you'll be able to get by.

Happy Thursday!

Anonymous said...

wow. i'm impressed with your dedication...i'm glad i didn't sign up for it...because i would have had to drop out about 3 days in...

cinnamon gurl said...

I have the same insecurity... Thanks for all those great links!

And especially the link to the reviews... I'm so proud that I managed to keep going even when our Internet connection crapped out for 4 days! Well, of course it's tempered with that insecurity you mentioned... oh well. Keep up the good work!

Unknown said...

thats a great list...loved number 1

Carmen said...

i'm feeling too bad about not doing nanowrimo again to take on the blogging challenge too. But I admire all you who are doing it!

Anonymous said...

I'm already regretting my bandwagon jumping. Quick, someone tag me with a meme... I gots nothing! I don't think I'm on the official list which means no prizes for me. Oh well, I'll keep doing it because I'm stubborn that way.

Her Bad Mother said...

I'm trying to keep on top of all the posts... but, gah. Not possible. Still, I commend you. You're a trooper.

Susan said...

I am such a dork! How did I not know it was NaBloPoMo???? At least I have another 3 wks to catch up. yay!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the gumbi button. I'll join you in being alternative like that (but wait, does that make you less alternative? If so, I apologize)

PS- I'm honoured I made your cut and got a little visit.

Now I profess my undying love to YOU!

Tania said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Tania said...

Thanks for the mention! I'm happy to have provided any sort of consolation prize!

karengreeners said...

prizes? if i had known that this was a competition, i probably would have done it.

Awesome Mom said...

I sat down one day and clicked until I got to my own blog. How lame and I? lol

Anonymous said...

What? I didn't know about this NaBloPoMo. How come? Very cool list for today. ;-)

Anonymous said...

Mac and Cheese!

You're practically famous!!

Sandra said...

YOu are totally rocking this NaBloMo thing. Still stressin me out but you are rocking it.

And how cool is that someone named their blog after your mac and cheese!!

moplans said...

I really like that randomizer.

and congrats on your mac and cheese.

Rashenbo said...

HEHEHE! As many times as I've hit that crazy randomizer I've never hit myself either... but I'm surprised at how many times I'm finding myself mentioned on other folks sites... it's kind of cool, it's like finding a hidden hershey bar in the junk drawer in the kitchen!!! :)

I love your guidelines :) I was thinking about doing a dos and don'ts posts about content topics and I've found your little list here... I think I may have to include you!

I also see you are an S blog... I'll be seeing you later in November *wink*

Cheers!

mrsf5 said...

Big thanks to Rashenbo to directing me to your blog... love the list and am looking forward to reading more! Of course, my kidlets will undoubtedly devote many hours of future therapy sessions to that month in 2006 when I utterly neglected them and instead kept my nose pressed to the computer screen... sigh.

Dharma said...

I {heart} the Gumbo NaBloPoMo icon! Zooey. I am the consummate non-joiner so I have no idea why I signed on, other than to kick my own butt into writing more.

Nicoel said...

on #8 - I have yet to stumble across my own blog, but I can't wait for the day I do. Although considering the number of people participating it's becoming more and more unlikely...

And I agree with you about quality over quantity - I subscribe to the 'one post a day' school of thought because really, my life isn't that fascinating

angela said...

Great list.
From sitemeter the randomiser's hit me twice. Is that possible?
Whatever. I'm having a great time meeting new bloggers who I probably would never have stumbled across otherwise.
Good luck everybody,
Angela

Unknown said...

Hey! My paltry reader stats are up thanks to NaBloPoMo and the fantastic and yet strangely complusive randomiser. In return, I have found a wealth of interesting and different blogs. We're half-way through, people! Yay!

Medical Value Travel India said...

Thank you, that was just an awesome post!!!.....

Prostate Cancer Treatment in India said...

Amazing amount of great, actionable advice. I will keep coming back to this Post....

Health Blog India said...

its very cute. thanks too share.....

prostate cancer surgery india said...

Thank you, that was just an awesome post!!!.....

Tips and Tricks blog said...

I love that idea. Awesome Post..

Dr. Refai Showkathali said...

Thank you, that was just an awesome post!!!

Stem Cell Therapy for Osteoarthritis in India said...

Thanks for great article sharing...

Stem Cell Therapy For Facial Skin Care in India said...

Greetings and thank you very much for share

Stem Cell Therapy For Arthritis in India said...

Thank you, that was just an awesome post!!!

Stem Cell Therapy for Spinal Cord Injury in India said...

Thank you, that was just an nice post!!!

Stem Cell Therapy for Stroke in India said...

Thank you so much share nic article

Dr. Nameet Jerath said...

That is great to hear, thank you for reading!