Thirteen observations on NaBloPoMo
(National Blog Posting Month)
1. First rule of BloPoMo - Don't write about BloPoMo.
Damn, I'm kicked out of another club. Actually we all seem pretty obsessed over this challenge hence copious chatter about posting.
2. Whatever you do don't whine about it. However griping about not enough hours in the day is okay right?
3. Quantity over Quality. I don't want to write just for the sake of writing. That is like talking just to be heard. I'd never do THAT!
4. When I was chillin' with the Toronto mommy's, they mentioned that I am stressing them out with the daily blather. I'm sorry. You all deserve treats! I have plenty of sugary Halloween candy that should vacate my house before I consume them in a BloPo haze.
5. I also must apologize that I am slipping behind in my commenting on my visiting list. I will be right over after I pay for my bad behavior. One hundred lines of I will visit you and profess my undying love. I will visit you and profess my undying love. I will visit you and profess…
6. I got the Gumby button from Genie Alisa. Thank you! It's not as popular as the official buttons. I'm alternative like that.
7. I could spend hours clicking on the randomizer thanks to Lane. I love seeing what fellow participants are writing. I'm sorry that I'm not leaving comments every where that I randomly land. I must admit that I'm fascinated to see the design of your sites. There are some fancy places out there. Even if you are not participating, I dare you to try the randomizer. It's addictive.
8. How come in all the bazillion times that I've clicked the randomizer, I have never landed on my own site? From my site meter, I can see other people have made their way over by this method. It would be a rush to come across your own site by chance. I imagine it to be similar to hearing your own song on the radio. Gather round everybody. It's me! Oh yes, it doesn't take much to give me a boost.
9. I've been running into virtual pets everywhere I go. Please don't tell me this is a requirement because I would be doomed to add a pet spider in honor of the real life Miss Spiders that camp out in our basement. I choose to ignore bugs instead of acknowledging their presence. I can't bring myself to kill them.
10. This exercise is supposed to make us better writers and gain readership. So far I'm not so sure that I am an example of either. However amazingly, someone did start their own blog and named it after my Mac and Cheese recipe. How cool is that?
11. Rashenbo and guests are reviewing the 2,019 blogs one letter at a time. She's got the stats and the shout outs. This is dedication at its finest!
12. Prizes! There are so many prizes! People are dropping out like flies. This is a personal challenge but if I could get some free coffee from Mocha Momma that would be sweet!
13. The insecurity in me wonders if all the nonparticipating bloggers look down at us as if we are bandwagon jumpers. Really my parents did teach me not to jump off the bridge even if the other kids are doing it. Anyways I'm much too afraid to jump.
Links to other Thursday Thirteens AND other participants of NaBloPoMo:
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants