Thursday, January 11, 2007

With more links than you can shake a stick at

Both Bub and Pie and Ali requested that I answer the following questions.

1. Do you like the look and the contents of your blog?
97% of the time I'd say yes. My lovely banner was made by Izzy. I'd like to have her on a payroll so that I could constantly change the look of my site. Instead I guess I will colour my hair.

2. Does your family know about your blog?
They are aware that I'm self important enough to continue to share tidbits of our lives. Originally I started writing to keep my distant relatives in the loop about our girls. I even made MiniCards to remind them to visit. (Happy Birthday Mom!!!)

3. Can you tell your friends about your blog?
Of course! They already know I'm crazy.

4. Do you just read the blogs of those who comment on your blog?
My current reading list contains approximately 125 blogs. This number is constantly growing, causing my coffee intake to triple. When I receive a comment, I try to match it as soon as possible. This is life permitting. I find that I'm much better with commenting than with returning e-mails. I don't know why this is.

5. Does your blog positively affect your mind?
I do believe that it has turned up the dialogue that is constantly streaming in my mind. However there are nights that I lie awake with words running through. I do not need another excuse for sleep deprivation. I suppose blogging thoughts are more intellectual than suffering with video game brain. Blogging has squashed my video game addiction.

6. What does the number of visitors to your blog mean?
It means that the places that I lurk have been checking their site meters. Yikes! I prefer when it is the result of those wacky search engine hits.

7. Do you imagine what other bloggers look like?
To me everyone is the epitome of friendly, wise souls. In Colin's world, all women bloggers look like Courtney Hansen.

8. Do you think blogging has any real benefit?
One only needs to look at The Magi to see the brilliance.

The bonus is that Strawberry will stay fashionably warm. I won this beautiful hat made by Julie!

9. Do you think that the blogosphere is a stand alone community separated from the real world?
I love the circle that I have found in the blogoshere. It is even more fun when it collides with the real world. Hello BlogHer 2007!

10. Do some political blogs scare you? Do you avoid them?
I haven't found the time to cruise the political blogs but that may change as Justin Trudeau seems to be gearing up to enter politics.

11. Do you think that criticizing your blog is useful?
It is about as useful as giving my cat Little People to wear on his head.

12. Have you ever thought about what would happen to your blog in case you died?
My eternal doom wandering mind has a tendency to visualize the worst case scenarios. This predicament comes after pondering who would pick up the children from daycare if both parents were in an accident.

13. Which blogger had the greatest impression on you?
Every blogger on my Visiting list inspires me to get that next post up and make it shinier than the previous tale.

14. Which blogger do you think is the most similar to you?
I think some bloggers have the ability to crawl into my brain. I find myself staring at their words, nodding and shouting out numerous Hell Ya's! Once again that is how the Visiting list came to be. In a perfect world we would all be living in the same city and running in the same social circle instead clicking on the linky loos.

15. Name a song you want to listen to?
"Phantom Limb" by the Shins is streaming on my iTunes radio channel.

Ewe Are Here and Mother Bumper are cordially invited to play along.

20 Singing the blues:

ewe are here said...

This is a tough one that's been going around. Give me a day or two. ;-)

Anonymous said...

Colin...sorry buddy, but I can assure that I don't look like Courtney Hansen. I wish I did.

I like your answer to number 8. :)

Jodi @ blog-o-licious said...

This is a tough survey to complete.

Interesting that Justin Trudeau might be entering politics... See I TOTALLY learn things by reading blogs.

Mouse said...

I totally had a "who would pick up Scooter if both of us died in a car crash?" thought this afternoon. And I realized that all of the emergency numbers we listed at the preschool were people we would expect could find us, not actually handle the kid.

Then I started wondering how they'd even know to contact the daycare, and began to picture Scooter sitting all by himself after pick up time. That's when I knew it was time to switch to a different thought!

niloc said...

hey hey hey! how did i get dragged into all of this? i don't remember me saying anything like "all women bloggers look like Courtney Hansen."

sometimes i swear you put little things like this out there just to get a reaction out of me. then you'll come home and point out the exact time and conversation where i might have said something like "all women bloggers look like Courtney Hansen" or something equally as brilliant in guy logic.

it's a little weird mixing my car tv obsession with your blog. i suppose i should thank you for finding such a cool link to Courtney as you did. i would have never thought to google her. i think my list of thirteen just became fourteen.

http://somethingbabyblue.blogspot.com/2006/11/colins-to-do-list.html

i'd do that cool link thing here but i don't think you can in the comments section. (plus i don't know how) I’m going to be lucky if I can even sign in and post this.

Lisa said...

It has been fun reading this entry and getting to know you better. You're a very cool chickie!

Chicky Chicky Baby said...

Um, can you just pretend that I look like Colin's lust interest. That would make me happy.

I can't wait to meet you at Blogher '07!

mo-wo said...

THAT HAT! Perfection. I though she was deeked out behind a fresh hydrangea.

Anonymous said...

oooh...i love the Shins too ;)

kittenpie said...

So Niloc has met a bunch of us and still thinks that? Smooches to Niloc! And 125 blogs?! WTF? No wonder you have no time to sleep!

Bea said...

I do so enjoy your use of the name "Niloc" - I used to call the Bub that sometimes, especially when he got together with his friend Ronnoc.

Anonymous said...

Justin is going into politics!??!?!? Wow! I feel so out of the loop....I remember seeing him on the coverage of the funeral, thinking he would make a great politician (to look at at the very least!)

Cool Meme Girl!

motherbumper said...

I don't look like Courtney Hansen even if a person has beer goggles on. One great meme and I'm floored to be tagged. As soon as someone (who has not been sleeping since we landed) gives me an hour to myself I'll get right on it. I love reading your answers and I hope I'm there for BlogHer 2007 - imagine the fun the Toronto ladies could have.

Her Bad Mother said...

Ooooh, you won the hats! Mo-wo is right - it DOES look like a hydrangea. Sweet.

Anonymous said...

I love the Shins. Caring Is Creepy & New Slang are my fav songs on the Garden State Soundtrack. They were on SNL this weekend and were great. Can't wait for the new cd to come out at the end of the month.

Anonymous said...

Kirk loves all those car shows and I think Courtney Hansen is one of the main reasons he enjoys watching Overhaulin' so much. I don't blame him, I would love to have her bod!

Tania said...

It isn't my foremost concern, but what DOES happen to a blog when the author dies? Will my husband delete it? Print it and give it to our daughter? Continue to forget it exists? Should I will it to someone?

scarbie doll said...

OMG how I love the Shins...

How I love Strawbs in that hat!

Sandra said...

Ohhhh I love this one. I haven't been tagged for a meme in ages. 'Course today is the first day I have commented on a blog in almost two weeks so maybe that makes sense. Great answers.

ewe are here said...

Ok. I have finally completed the Meme! ;-)