Wednesday, February 20, 2008

A Loaf of Bread, a Container of Milk and a Stick of Butter

This is what happens when I should join in on Wordless Wednesday but instead go the route of rambling. It seems that I am slightly manic. I have a persistent, mild headache that feels like I have drank thirty cups of coffee on two hours of sleep. Not so.

I am feeling the itch for something new. I need to mix in spice. There is a fiery craving for change. I imagine this is the state that drove Britney to shave her head. It is a good thing I am not in need of rehab.

I desperately need to switch to the unappetizing "KH diet" while hitting the gym for intense workouts for the next twenty days straight but that is not likely to happen. I will be breaking out the summery clothes in Austin for SXSW. It will be a sweet change of scenery especially being that it will not stop snowing in Toronto. Every time I venture outside it is snowing. Right now… Snowing.

I took the girls grocery shopping on Monday and then we went to rent a pony video because I obviously enjoy strange forms of torture even though I protest loudly. There was a special moment that I etched to my memory as I held each of their small hands and made our way walking in the freshly falling fluffy snow.

I let them torment Colin with the pony escapades while I cooked dinner. We ate our plateful of creamy carbs and then the girls helped me make mini blueberry muffins for room nine's bake sale. Strawberry topped each muffin with an extra blueberry chanting, "One for me, one for the muffin." I felt all warm and fuzzy. It was a splendid way to mark the first official Ontario family day!

The other thing making me smile is that within twenty four hours, ten people from all different parts of North America stopped by this post to find out how race car drivers relieve themselves. I am no authority on such matters. For the record, I personally have a bladder of steel and can go nine hours without having to make a pit stop. Of course that is only if I have not been hanging out with blogging friends pounding back beverages causing tipsiness. With that said, I would not be partaking in any race car events after that kind of fun. **No cars have actually been raced by me.

10 Singing the blues:

EUC said...

Mmmm blueberry muffins. I too am in need of a major KH diet since I'm wearing maternity pants some days and only 3 1/2 months along, and my midwife keeps encouraging me to get on the scale but I'm pretty sure that's a bit extreme. Hope you have a blast at SXSW.

motherbumper said...

MORE SPICE! MORE ROADTRIPS!

And 10? Holy heck, that's hilarious.

Run ANC said...

That KH diet can't work. At least, I would want to kill myself if I was on it. Carrot soup for breakfast?? Yeah, right. (And I'm surprised that Katie can run at all with all that fibre going through her system. She must be making a pit stop each kilometre.)

kittenpie said...

More roadtrips, indeed, even if I have ruled myself out for a little while. Boo. But at least drinkies this weekend! Seven up or something like that. Boo, again. But MBTers! yay!

And girl, I so understand - I swear the snow induces cabin fever and SAD even if you do manage to get out of the house.

Christina said...

That diet sounds so depressing. I'd be bored within a day, I think.

You're going to SXSW? I'm so jealous! Hope you have a blast!

Tania said...

I get the reference in the title of this post! Weird about the popularity of that racecar driver post. Whatever draws them in, I guess.

crazymumma said...

Niloc and I need to talk about the 'new' Knightrider' that will use a Mustang.

pshaw. wassat!

moplans said...

nine hours? I can barely go ninety minutes.
you should be a racecar driver.

Kyla said...

You are coming to SXSW! I'm going drive up to Austin on Saturday to see Sage, maybe you'll have some time that day, too?

Mimi said...

Blueberries make everything better, in my experience.