Friday, November 30, 2007

Will Blog For Bananas

Last year this time I was giddy and singing.

"Everyday, everyday, everyday I write the blog."

This year I am relieved.

I have to say I have been whipping some of these late night posts out with zero brainpower and I am afraid it shows. Badly. Seriously I should have hired a monkey.

My favourite posts this month that likely got lost among the filler were an ode to Buttercup, pondering marriage and of course a video of our girls wish lists from the big guy, the one and only person who has the power to get them to put their toys away. That's right. Santa won't bring any more toys if they are not all put away nice and tidy. I have to make that work for at least forty five days a year.

Probably the best thing I wrote this month was one of the rare comments that I left:

"Most children are afraid of Santa. There is something about that jolly man with his white beard and red suit that is scary. On the other hand, children from around the world flock to Brad Pitt. I say we change the image of Santa to Brad Pitt. Women will be lining up from coast to coast to sit on his lap."

This was in response to this post.

Now that December is upon us, I will concentrate on getting more intelligent thought on to this page. Hopefully it will occur a little more regularly but obviously it is something that cannot be forced.

An extra special thank you to those that continue to pay me a visit and ooey, gooey sweet cookies to those that leave me a few words. I am forever in debt to you!

By the way, I don't even like bananas.

5 Singing the blues:

motherbumper said...

did you say cookies?

Baby - I wouldn't miss your posts for the world.

Kyla said...

Hooray! You did it!

I totally agree with the Brad Pitt/Santa exchange...but then there would be a long line of mommies waiting to sit on his lap. ;)

kittenpie said...

Cookies? yes, please. Not that I am short on cookies. Maybe not.

And Brad Pitt? Maybe. My friend's dad actually makes the best Santa.

Heather said...

That is an excellent suggestion for Santa. Let me know if anything comes of it.

I don't like bananas either. Yech.

Gabriella said...

Woohoo! Glad you made it through!

If Brad were Santa next year I'd start lining up today.